Merton Council

Home Home Merton Adult Education Home Jobs in children's social care Home Wandle Valley Low Carbon Zone Home Safeguarding Children Board Home Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
This page will shortly be moving to our new website
Lock up your worry - pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit

Spending over £500

We believe it is important to be open about how we spend money. Every month we will publish a list of payments we make which are over £500, showing who we paid, how much we paid, and what this was for. Files are normally published after the end of each quarter.

This will include:

  • all individual items we purchase
  • payments we make to contractors carrying out work on our behalf
  • other spend we incur in carrying out our business

It will exclude:

  • salaries
  • housing benefit payments
  • sensitive social services information which could put vulnerable individuals at risk
  • personal information, such as the names of individuals receiving payments
  • confidential information, such as council tax or business rate refunds
  • payments to schools "passported" from Central Government

Monthly spending reports

The reports are available in comma delimited format (CSV) and are listed chronologically by month. If you would like the reports in a different format, such as PDF, please ask us.

Month Report in CSV
January 2017 January-2017.csv
December 2016 December-2016.csv
November 2016 November-2016.csv
October 2016 October-2016.csv
September 2016 September-2016.csv
August 2016 August-2016.csv
July 2016 July-2016.csv
June 2016 June-2016.csv
May 2016 May-2016.csv
April 2016 April-2016.csv
March 2016 March-2016.csv
February 2016 February-2016.csv

Older reports are still available through the Older spending over £500 page

This data is freely re-usable under the same terms as Terms and conditions ( website)

Request information

Sometimes the information provided will not always show the full picture. If you have a question about these reports you can request further information from us. If you have a question about a specific payment please include the reference number of the payment and the month of the report in your request. You can submit an information request using this information access form, or by email to

See also

Related websites

Contact us

Freedom of Information Officer
Merton Council
Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 4634

This page was last updated on Friday 28 April 2017

Top of page