Merton Council

Home Home Merton Adult Education Home Jobs in children's social care Home Wandle Valley Low Carbon Zone Home Safeguarding Children Board Home Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
This page will shortly be moving to our new website
Business rates e-billing

Performing animals

If you intend to keep or train animals for public performance, (e.g. circus or films), the animal needs to be licensed by us. Licences are issued under the The Performing Animals (Regulation) Act 1925 and are renewable annually.

The London Borough of Merton has contracted the City of London Veterinary Service to undertake all welfare inspections associated with applications of this nature.

The premises and accommodation must satisfy basic standards for the health, welfare and safety of the animals that you intend to keep. We will arrange a veterinary surgeon's inspection to ensure that the accommodation is suitable.

The licence will be issued by the London Borough of Merton subject to compliance with licence conditions recommended by the City of London Veterinary Surgeon and payment of the licence fee.

See also

Contact us

London Borough of Merton
1st Floor Annexe
Merton Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 3969

This page was last updated on Friday 20 June 2014

Top of page