Merton Council

Home Home Merton Adult Education Home Jobs in children's social care Home Wandle Valley Low Carbon Zone Home Safeguarding Children Board Home Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
This page will shortly be moving to our new website
How do I contact my councillor?

Advertising and Sponsorship Protocol

This page is intended to provide guidance on any form of advertising channelled through council-owned properties, publications, promotional materials and the sponsorship of any council run event.

We will consider advertising and sponsorship on a case-by-case basis. However, we will not accept advertising or sponsorship from any organisation wishing to promote:

  • Alcohol
  • Tobacco
  • Gambling
  • Weaponry
  • Racism
  • Unhealthy foods, particularly in areas where it is likely to been seen by children, for example on roundabouts near schools;
  • Messages of a sexual nature; or
  • Political parties (in accordance with section 2 of the Local Government Act 1986 ‘A local authority shall not publish any material which, in whole or in part, appears to be designed to affect public support for a political party’)

We will also not accept advertising or sponsorship from any organisation that is in financial or legal dispute with the council, and we will also show caution when accepting advertising or sponsorship where:

  • an organisation is in the process of a planning application;
  • an organisation who is in the process of a tender application;
  • an organisation is in conflict with local residents over a planned development in the borough; and
  • association with an organisation may conflict with the work of the council and our partners

Contact us

8th, floor Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 3434

This page was last updated on Thursday 18 August 2016

Top of page