Merton Council

Home Home Merton Adult Education Home Jobs in children's social care Home Wandle Valley Low Carbon Zone Home Safeguarding Children Board Home Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
This page will shortly be moving to our new website
Business rates e-billing

Help leaving hospital

If you are going into hospital you may need help when you leave to continue to live in your home. If requested, a social worker from the Home Care Team will look into what help you need and decide with you what services can be provided.

You can either contact the Home Care Team before you go into hospital, or you can ask to see a social worker during your stay in hospital. The nurse looking after you will arrange this if you ask.

If you were receiving help before you went into hospital the nurse looking after you will arrange for this to be started again for your return home. If you were not receiving help or need more help than before, the nurse will contact the Home Care Team at the hospital to arrange for an assessment.

It may be that when you leave hospital, you will need to go into a residential or nursing home. This could be temporary, to give you time to recover more fully, or to get services started for you at home, or it might be permanent. Our staff can help arrange this, or give you advice if you are able to make your own arrangements.

See also

Related websites

Contact us

Adult First Response
Older People and Physical Disability
Merton Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 0208 545 4388
Minicom: 0208 545 4626

This page was last updated on Thursday 31 May 2012

Top of page