Merton Council

Home Home Merton Adult Education Home Jobs in children's social care Home Wandle Valley Low Carbon Zone Home Safeguarding Children Board Home Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
This page will shortly be moving to our new website
Council tax e-billing


Need urgent help now?

Urgent help with sexual health (NHS website)

Services for adults affected by HIV or AIDS

Merton Council's Disability Services team offers many services and support for people living with HIV or AIDS, in the London Borough of Merton.

We can provide:

  • advice and referral to specialist organisations;
  • practical help in your home with personal care;
  • funds to arrange and manage your own care services (under the Direct Payments Scheme);
  • equipment to help you stay independent;
  • services such as respite breaks to help those who look after you;
  • Freedom Passes, blue badge permits and application forms for Taxicards, if your mobility is impaired; and
  • 'Mascot' emergency telephone alarm systems.

Services for children who may be HIV positive

Social Services and a number of voluntary organisations work with families where a member is HIV positive to deal with any immediate problems, and to help the family plan for the long term care of children. For further information, contact your local Social Services office.

Related websites

See also

Contact us

Adult First Response
Older People and Physical Disability
Merton Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 0208 545 4388 

Minicom- 0208 545 4388
Email -

This page was last updated on Monday 31 October 2016

Top of page