Merton Council

Home Home Merton Adult Education Home Jobs in children's social care Home Wandle Valley Low Carbon Zone Home Safeguarding Children Board Home Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
This page will shortly be moving to our new website
My Merton - the latest news and information from your council

Are you affected by someone else's drug use?

It can be a terrible shock to find out that someone in your family is using drugs - whether they are a child, brother or sister, or your partner. You may feel that there is nowhere to turn - and you may be worried about all sorts of consequences, from dealing with the law to worrying about how other people will react. Serious drug problems in the family can create incredible tension and distress. But throughout, its important to remember that family communication and support can make a real difference. You have a vital role to play, and there are people out there who can help.

Although you may feel alone, rest assured you're not. There are many other people experiencing the same things as you, and there are support services there to help. Community Drug Service for South London have dedicated family workers and provide group and one to one support. You can contact Community Drug Services for South London on 020 8773 9393

Also see

Contact us

Public Health

Telephone: 020 8545 4801

This page was last updated on Friday 28 November 2014

Top of page