Merton Council

Home Home Merton Adult Education Home Jobs in children's social care Home Wandle Valley Low Carbon Zone Home Safeguarding Children Board Home Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
This page will shortly be moving to our new website
How do I contact my councillor?

Proof of vehicle ownership

Criteria for issue

To apply for a Resident Parking Permit you need to prove that you own or have official use of the vehicle. We can accept any of the following documents:

  • Vehicle registration document (V5) showing your name
  • Hire or lease agreement showing your name
  • Current certificate or schedule of insurance showing the vehicle registration number and that you are a named driver
  • A copy of the sales invoice from a dealership showing the vehicle registration number and your name.

For a vehicle registered to a company you must supply a letter on company letterhead paper confirming your address within the controlled parking zone and that you are the only user of the vehicle.

If you are not the registered keeper of the vehicle, (perhaps the vehicle is registered to your parent or partner) we need you to provide the following three documents:

  • A letter from the registered keeper of the vehicle confirming that you are the main user and keeper of the vehicle
  • A copy of the vehicle registration document
  • A copy of an insurance certificate or schedule detailing your name and address in the controlled parking zone and the vehicle’s registration number, or a recent letter from the insurance company verifying that the vehicle is usually kept by you at the controlled parking zone address

Contact us

Parking Services
Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 4661 (10.00am - 4.00pm Mon-Fri)

This page was last updated on Tuesday 23 December 2014

Top of page