Merton Council

Home Home Merton Adult Education Home Jobs in children's social care Home Wandle Valley Low Carbon Zone Home Safeguarding Children Board Home Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
This page will shortly be moving to our new website
Pledge to love your street

Proof of residency

If you are listed on the current electoral register, or have previously purchased permits for your current address,you do not need to provide further proof of residency. Otherwise, you must provide either:

  • a copy of a formal tenancy or lease agreement for where you live (not handwritten); or
  • a copy of a solicitor's letter confirming the purchase of your property

Alternatively, you can provide two from the list below:

  • recent gas, water, electricity, telephone bill or council tax document
  • housing, child, pension or income support benefit book
  • driving license with your current address
  • vehicle registration document with current address

We will in most cases accept photocopied documents as proof of ownership, although we reserve the right to ask for original documents to be provided.

If you have made an online application please quote your application number on all correspondence.

Contact us

Parking Services
Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 4661(10.00am - 4.00pm Mon-Fri only)

This page was last updated on Monday 18 May 2015

Top of page